What are Cookies?
A cookie is a simple small file that can be sent together with the pages of an Internet address and stored by the web browser on the PC or other device. The information stored in it can be sent to our servers or the servers of relevant third parties during subsequent visits.
What are Scripts?
A script is a piece of program code used to provide functionality and interactivity to our website. This code is executed on our servers or on your device.
Technical or Functional Cookies
Some cookies ensure that parts of our website function properly and that your user preferences remain known. By placing functional cookies, we make it easier for you to visit our website. This way, when you visit our website, you do not have to repeatedly enter the same information, or your items remain in your shopping cart until you pay, for example. We may place these cookies without your consent.
We use analytical cookies to optimize the website experience for our users. These analytic cookies provide us with insights into how our website is used. We ask for your permission to place analytical cookies.
Your Rights in Relation to Personal Data
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- You have the right to know why your personal data is used, what happens to it and how long it is kept.
- Right of access: you have the right to access your personal data known to us.
- Right of rectification: You have the right, whenever you wish, to have your personal data completed, corrected, deleted or blocked.
- If you have given us your consent to process your data, you have the right to withdraw this consent and have your personal data deleted.
- Right to data transfer of your data: You have the right to request all of your personal data from one controller and to transfer it in its entirety to another controller.
- Right to object: You can object to the processing of your data. We will comply with this unless there are legitimate reasons for the processing.
To exercise these rights please contact us. Please refer to the contact details at the end of this Cookie Statement. If you have a complaint about how we handle your data, we would like to hear it, but you also have the right to address it to the supervisory authority (the Data Protection Authority).
Activation/Deactivation and Deletion of Cookies
You can use your internet browser to automatically or manually delete cookies. You can also specify whether specific cookies should not be placed. Another option is to set your Internet browser to notify you each time a cookie is placed. For more information about these options, see the instructions in the help section of your browser.
Please note that our website may not function properly if all cookies are disabled. If you delete the cookies in your browser, they will be placed again when you visit our website.
Prof. Dr. Thomas Niemand
Phone: +49 (5323) 72 -7688
This policy is based on cookiedatabase.org.